TheHome Installation Standard. This service will be organised with the end customer after a successful home check and can be organised within 2 weeks or at a later date agreed with the customer. All materials for the installation service will be shipped directly to the end customer prior to the home installation.
Pre-requisites for a Standard Home Installation:
- Installation of the domestic wiring according to the minimal standards required by local authorities including consumer units and earthing bonds and has no requirements for electrical remedial works.
- Distribution Board/Consumer Unit is easily accessible, has enough working space in and around it to receive the new cable run.
- Distribution Board/Consumer Unit has a spare “way” (RCB/Breaker/Circuit) • One main fuse is required and will be installed.
- Cable can be routed easily from charger location to consumer board
- Maximum two holes drilled from an outside wall and no internal structure modifications required -customer must agree to this.
- Consumer unit is within 10 metres of EV-Charger installation site
- No under floor work is required
- No work at height is required –e.g. normal ceiling high of 3m not crossed.
- No ground work is required
- No hidden or structural locations
- No part of the installation is affected by wet areas or areas where a high level of ground water might be present
- Cable can be surface mounted along the entire length of the cable run
- Charger installation location is physically part of the same building as the consumer unit Charger installation location is unobstructed, and the charger can be mounted to predefined (by law) heights
- No redecoration will be required once installation is complete
- Customer must be available for installation
- Installation to be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Max 5 hours of work
- Installation site is free from vegetation and other possible obstructions
The materials and service below are what are included as part of the Standard Home Installation service:
- Chosen EV Charger
- 15m of correct sized cable depending on kW of EV Charger
- 10m Cable Channel for inside of house
- LS switch 4 pole K20A
- Drilling of mounting holes in the wall or mounting strata. (4 holes and insert 4 plugs, Screw back plate to wall).
- Max 5 hours of work
- Functional Testing of RCD
- Teaching customer how to use EV Charger and what each of the LCD lights means.
- Hotline numbers for service.
TheHome Installation Non-Standard as the Standard,However, all additional labour and material have to be specified in the home-check which are on top of the standard installation, only this amount of additional labour and material will be added to the invoice.